Gesche Würfel

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I hope you are doing well!  I’d like to share some news with you.  My solo show, What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II, on view at GreenHill in Greensboro, NC closes November 15th.  This is your last chance to see the show!  Please read below about publications and other news.

Have a great weekend!  Warmest wishes, Gesche Würfel

Final Days to View Solo Show What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II at GreenHill

Last chance to visit my solo show, What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II, at GreenHill in Greensboro, NC.  The show closes November 15, 2019.  Last week, I gave an artist talk as part of First Fridays, the previous week to members of the Greensboro Jewish Federation.
The show has traveled to GreenHill from the Pensacola Museum of Art, FL.  We’re looking for other exhibition venues to present the work. Please be in touch should you be interested.

Image © Sanem Soyarslan

Interview At the Hands of Persons Unknown on WFHB 

In conjunction with my recent solo show, At the Hands of Persons Unknown, at Pictura Gallery in Bloomington, IN, Filizen Cicek interviewed me about my project.  It was aired on the Art Beat! Episode 13 on WFHB.

Shortlist German Peace Prize for Photography and Finalist Lange-Taylor Prize: What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II

What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II was shortlisted for the German Peace Prize for Photography of the Felix Schoeller Photo Award.  Additionally, I am a finalist with What Remains in the 2019 Lange-Taylor Award at the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University.

At the Hands of Persons Unknown in Southern Cultures

A few images from At the Hands of Persons Unknown were used to illustrate Seth Koch’s short essay, Witness This Moment, in response to President Trump’s recent comments on lynching, published on the Southern Cultures website.