Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I hope you are doing well.  I have a new website.  Please check it out.

Please mark your calendars for two solo show openings in September 2019:  on the 6th at Pictura Gallery in Bloomington, IN, and on the 20th at GreenHill in Greensboro, NC.

I’m getting ready for an exiting summer.  I will be traveling to Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic to take photos and do research thanks to travel grants from the Center for Jewish Studies and the Center for European Studies at UNC Chapel Hill.  In August, I will do a residency at MASS MoCA.

Enjoy the summer! Warmest wishes, Gesche Würfel

New Website

I have a new website.  Please check it out.  I’m happy to receive feedback.  Thanks!

Upcoming Solo Exhibition What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II at GreenHill

My solo exhibition, What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II, will be on view at GreenHill in Greensboro, NC from September 20 – November 15, 2019.  Please join me for the opening reception and artist talk on September 20, 2019.

Residency at MASS MoCA

Last but not least, I will be spending two weeks in August at a faculty residency at MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA working on a new photo project on trees and workshopping with other faculty.

Upcoming Solo Exhibition At the Hands of Persons Unknown at Pictura Gallery

At the Hands of Persons Unknown will be presented in a solo exhibition at Pictura Gallery in Bloomington, IN in August and September 2019.  I will attend the opening reception and give an artist talk on September 6, 2019.

Travel Grants 

I’m very excited that I have received two travel grants to continue working on my projects and doing research in Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic this summer.  A big thank you to the Center for Jewish Studies and the Center for European Studies (the funds are made available from a Jean Monnet Center of Excellence grant from the European Commission) at UNC Chapel Hill for supporting my work.