Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I hope you are doing well.  I would like to share some exciting news about my exhibitions in the Research Triangle, NC.  

Thank you for checking out my newsletter and thank you so much for your continued support.  Enjoy the rest of the week.

Warmest wishes, Gesche Würfel

Finalist Lange-Taylor Prize

I’m very excited that I am a finalist with “What Remains of the Day – Memories of World War II” in the prestigious Dorothea Lange – Paul Taylor Prize that the Center for Documentary Studies (CDS) at Duke University awards annually. Thanks to the selection committee for choosing my project. This year’s winner of the prize is Katherine Yungmee Kim.

I am also currently a finalist in the Critical Mass online portfolio review. My work and that of 199 other talented photographers is currently being reviewed by a group of 200 jurors; the ‘Top 50’ photographers will be announced in October. Thank you in advance for reviewing my work!

UNC Art Faculty exhibition 

The UNC Art Faculty exhibition at Light: Art + Design is on view for a few more days. If you haven’t had a chance to visit the show, please do so by October 7th. Light: Art + Design is located in the Greenbridge building, 601 W. Rosemary Street, Suite 110, Chapel Hill, NC.

The FENCE 

Join me this coming Thursday, October 5th, from 5-6:30 pm for the opening reception of The FENCE in Durham across Durham City Hall. The opening reception will be followed by an artist talk from 6:30-8:30 in the theatre at the Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris Street, Durham, NC. Thank you to the selection committee for choosing my SE Raleigh series about gentrification. Read more about the project and view more images on my website. The FENCE is part of Click! Photography Festival.

Developing Landscapes 

My colleague, Prof. Jina Valentine, and I have curated the show, “Developing Landscapes”, at The John and June Allcott Gallery, Hanes Art Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The show will be on view from October 4 – November 2, 2017 and will feature the works of six alumni from the Market Photo Workshop in South Africa. Join us for the lunchtime talk on October 25th and a closing reception on October 26th. This exhibition is part of Click! Photography Festival.