Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I hope you are doing well. I would like to share some exciting news about exhibitions and talks happening this weekend. Tonight, 11/4, my New Works exhibition opens at Artspace, Raleigh, NC, and the annual Urban Photographers Association’s exhibition opens at the Lewisham Art House in London as part of Urban Photo Fest. On Sunday, I’ll give a talk at CAM Raleigh about Oppressive Architecture.

Last but not least, please make sure to cast your vote by next Tuesday, in particular in the Swing States. As President Obama said at the UNC rally two days ago that I attended: “I hate to put a little pressure on you, but the fate of the Republic rests on your shoulders. The fate of the world is teetering and you, North Carolina, are going to have to make sure we push it in the right direction.”

Thank you so much for your continued support! Enjoy the weekend!

Warmest wishes, Gesche Würfel

What Remains of the Day in London 

A selection of images from the series What Remains of the Day – 71 Years after the End of WWII will be on view at the Urban Photographers Association’s show Photography, Memory & Archive at the Lewisham Arthouse in London, November 3-12, 2016. Private view is tonight, November 4, 6-8 pm. The exhibition is a part of Urban Photo Fest organized by Goldsmiths, Tate Modern, Urban Photographers Association and many others. The image you can see here was selected for the Urban Photo Fest poster. Thank you!

Lewisham Arthouse
140 Lewisham Way
London SE14 6PD

Oppressive Architecture at CAM Raleigh 
Join me on Sunday, November 6, at 2 pm for my artist talk  about Oppressive Architecture at CAM Raleigh. I’ll give another talk on December 4th at 2 pm, the last day of the show. These tours are free and open to the public. Oppressive Architecture explores the relationship between architecture and oppression during the historical eras of American slavery and German Nazism.The exhibition is part of Click! Triangle Photography Festival.

New Works at Artspace

Join me tonight, November 4, at Artspace  in Raleigh where I’ll be showing New Worksthat I created during my Regional Emerging Artist Residency in 2015. I’ll be there from 6-8 pm and then headed over to CAM Raleigh to my Oppressive Architecture exhibition. At Artspace, I’ll be showing images I took of the ongoing gentrification in SE Raleigh and drawings that I made on the bus from Chapel Hill to Raleigh during the residency.

Artspace
201 East Davie Street
Raleigh, NC 27601

Seeking Interviewees

Thank you to those of you who have responded to my call so far. I’m still seeking intervieweesfrom those living in North Carolina and New York City who have experienced WWII (and the 1930s) and who would be interested in sharing their memories and thoughts with me for theWhat Remains of the Day– 71 Years after the End of WWII project. If you know anybody who would be interested in participating in the project, please get in touch with me at gesche@geschewuerfel.com and I can forward you additional information. Thank you!