Fall 2016 Studio Update!

Removed, TEDxPantheonSorbonne” Paris, 2016 / 24″ x 20″ Pigment Print, Edition of 20

So much has happened this hot summer and I am excited to announce several lectures, upcoming shows, and the video of my Paris talk via TEDxPantheonSorbonne. Also included is a teaser of my newest series titled “NoShow” that will be released in two weeks. I hope you enjoy this update I and would love to hear from you about what you have been up to. Thank you!

Exhibitions

The Merchandise Revolt / Lianzhou Foto Festival / Lianzhou, China
I am beyond thrilled to announce that Removed will be included in this years Lianzhou Foto Festival in China. My work was selected by curator Francois Cheval, head of the Nicephore Niepce Museum in Chalon-sur-Saône. The exhibition runs from 11/19 – 12/06 and I am so excited to attend the festival!

reset / Garis & Hahn / New York, NY

Reset, curated by Kimi Kitada is an official event of #NoTextWeekend which was founded by the hilariously funny, talented, and beautiful Allison Golderg and Jen Jamula of Blogologues. You missed the opening but you still have the rest of the week to catch several pieces from Removed as well as the work by Fischer Cherry, Sarah Hardie, Ian Hatcher, Jenn Hyland, and Allison L. Wade. I will return to NYC and Garis & Hahn to speak about my work on September 25th, 2016 at 4pm.

Events / Lectures

9/25 @ 4-6PM – “reset”, Group Show Artist Talk / Garis & Hahn / New York, NY

9/29 @ 7PM – “A Million Reasons Not To Take a Photograph, New Work and Artist Talk with Eric Pickersgill” / The Light Factory / Charlotte, NC
10/6 @ 6PM – Grand Opening Speaker, Eric Pickersgill / Kibbitznest / Chicago, IL
10/7-8 – Roving Reviewer / Atlanta Celebrates Photography Portfolio Review / Atlanta, GA
10/29 @10-4PM / Speaker at TEDxCharlotte / Charlotte, NC
New Work

In the next two weeks I will be releasing my newest series titled NoShow. The project involved traveling around the United States this year photographing at as many fake Facebook events as I could. The series includes audio interviews with the creators of these events and a portrait session via webcam. Official press release and new website to follow soon!

TEDxPantheonSorbonne

Click here to watch my talk at TEDxPantheonSorbonne in Paris.

In Print / Online

I was featured as “Guest Editor” for the summer “Social Media Issue” of Resource Magazine and love the way this issue came together!

ved was also mentioned in this piece by Wallace Witkowski for MarketWatch discussing the research and new book by Dr. Larry Rosen called “The Distracted Mind: Ancient Brains in a High-Tech World”.

Collaboration with Precision Creations

During my talk at TEDxBend I mention my wife and I’s change of device use habits. Our bedroom is a space that we consider a no phone zone which not only allows for several hours of more sleep each week but also affords us time alone with one another where we can reflect on our day. My parents, Cindy and Glenn Pickersgill own a small metal art business and together we created this sign. More information can be found here. 

Beyond how the sign reminds us to put our phones down, the REMOVED.SOCIAL Faraday Sleeve by Silent Pocket is still my favorite way to have my device out of sight and out of mind.