Almost Spring, 2016 

Welcome back to what usually is my quarterly studio update. The last several months have been profoundly life changing and below is a recap of what has happened since Summer 2015. It’s been a wild ride and I am excited to finally share what I’ve been up to.
Early test shot for Removed. Anna and Kevin, 2014
Four months ago my good friend Andrew Stern published an interview with me about Removed on TechInsider. Within 48 hours, I was contacted by dozens of international news networks, photo editors, bloggers, photographers, and individuals who were personally touched by the project. In an excited panic, I reacted as best as I could to keep up with media requests, interviews for print, web, and television. I slept very little those first few days and finally started asking for help knowing that there was a better way to handle this moment. After a few calls I was connected with Julie Grahame who jumped in head first offering her extensive knowledge of the media agency world. She has been an incredible teammate, friend, and mentor and I owe her the most sincere thank you!

Meeting Julie Grahame in Brooklyn for the first time after working together for several weeks.
The following week I was in touch with Rick Wester of Rick Wester Fine Art in NY. Rick was very excited about working together and had concrete ideas about introducing my work into the contemporary art market. After signing with Rick, he and his amazing team brought Removed to Miami for Pulse Contemporary Art Fair in December ’15.

I am thrilled to announce / invite you to my solo exhibition of Removed at Rick Wester Fine Art opening March 24th, 2016 from 6-8PM. 

Upcoming & Current Exhibitions

REMOVED
Rick Wester Fine Art / New York, NY

Actual Size: Exploring The Photographic Contact Print

Cassilhaus Gallery / Chapel Hill, NC

Installation photograph by Fredrik Marsh
I have a piece in Actual Size, an exhibition curated by Frank Konhaus. The show includes 46 artists works that span over 150 years and represents contact prints made from negatives ranging from 35mm up to 30″ x 40″. The exhibition includes some of the most well known historical and contemporary names in photography as well as a broad range of photographic processes. The exhibition runs until March 15th, 2016.

Future Tense

516 ARTS / Albuquerque, NM

Vicki’s Ice Cream, 2014

Highlighting select CENTER photographers, Future Tense is an exploration of the socially, politically and psychologically complex relationship we have with the places we inhabit.  Moving within and beyond the physicality of here and now, the photographers in this exhibition trace the tensions between nature and artifice; isolation and interconnectedness; past and present; and the physical and psychological…all of which reveal the tenuous balance that defines the path of our collective future.  Artists include: Delaney Allen, Antoine Bruy, Pelle Cass, Phillip Cheung, Christine Collins, Tamas Dezso, David Favrod, Lori Hepner, Dina Litovsky, Judy Natal, Eric Pickersgill, David Schalliol and Daniel Traub. Exhibition runs from June 18 – September 17, 2016.

In Print / Web

Removed covered by Efrem Zelony-Mindell for aPhotoEditor.com
I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this piece by my talented new buddy Efrem Zelony-Mindell. He asked some provocative questions and I’m honored to be on aphotoeditor.com, a platform/resource I have been following for some time now.

The Removed series has received an enormous amount of international press and can be seen here.
New Work

Kenny’s Farm
Palm Rows, 2015

In December, I returned and photographed my grandparents’ farm in the South Florida town of Homestead. It was one of the most emotional experiences I have ever had behind my camera and am excited to share with you the beginnings of what will be a longer study of this very personal place. The farm is being transformed by a family who is putting that plot of land to great use by utilizing it to help others in need of rehabilitation and occupational therapy.
The new work can be seen here on my newly re-designed website.

For editorial and media requests contact Julie Grahame
For print and exhibition inquiries contact Rick Wester Fine Art

www.ericpickersgill.com

www.removed.social

All contents © 2016, Eric Pickersgill, All rights reserved.