This update is long overdue but I have been busy learning to juggle my new role as a dad while maintaining my art practice. As always, thank you for your continued support.
-Eric

Exhibitions

Lianzhou Foto Festival Traveling Exhibition 

Chongqing, China

Selections from the exhibition As Entertaining As Possible at the Lianzhou Foto Festival, including several Removed prints, traveled to Chongqing for a stunning re-installation at the Testbed 2 Cultural Creative Park.

Removed at AIPAD with Rick Wester Fine Art

New York, NY
One of the first silver prints from Removed to make a public appearance is this photograph titled Melissa. The 24″ x 20″ print was hanging in the Rick Wester Fine Art booth at AIPAD The Photography Show in its new location at Pier 94 in New York City.

*Two Removed silver prints have been collected by J.P Morgan Chase. More acquisitions listed below.

Thanks to my wonderful agent and photo consultant superstar Julie Grahame for sending me this quick shot.

NoShow – Merignac Photographic Festival

Merignac, France

I have been waiting for, and working on this exhibition all year! I met the prolific curator Francois Cheval while in Lianzhou, China last fall. When I told him about NoShow he was immediately enthusiastic about bringing the project to France. This will be my first major solo exhibition in Europe and will include photographs, video, audio, and sculpture. More information about the series can be found here. The exhibition opens October 5 and runs until mid December.

Hello, Robot. Design Between Human and Machine

Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland…
Three pieces from Removed have begun a journey around the world as part of the exhibition, Hello, Robot. Design Between Man and Machine. The five year tour began at the Vitra Design Museum in Germany and is currently installed at the Museum of Applied Arts in Vienna, Austria as part of the Vienna Biennale. Next stop is Design Museum Gent in Belgium which will later travel to Switzerland. I am beyond thrilled that the work will be seen by so many audiences in such diverse locations.

Press

Podcast with The Photo Tellers on Fireside Network
Radio interview with BBC about NoShow (begins at 7:10)
Huffington Post
Bird in Flight
Sudouest

BOOOOOOOM.com
Liberation Magazine France
Business Insider

Acquisitions

Above is a Removed photograph I made during the opening of the live auction at The Light Factory in November. The image was immediately sold to kick off the live auction and was a great success. Thank you to everyone for participating, I had a lot of fun with this!

Prints recently collected by:
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
James M. Cohen Collection
J.P Morgan Chase Art Collection

Film

I had a great time working with CGTN on this mini documentary about Removed. They followed me from Chicago to Charlotte, watching me make work and processing film in my darkroom.

Collaborations

Eyes on Main Street

Wilson, NC

I was invited by the photography department at Columbia College Chicago to participate in a week long program that was part of the Eyes on Main Street Photo Festival. I worked with dozens of children, teaching them photography with cameras sponsored by Canon. I am thrilled to return as an alumni instructor as well as an exhibiting photographer in the 2018 edition. The festival just opened an artist residency that is worth checking out!

Standfor Initiative

Have you heard of phubbing? I’m excited to share these ankle boots sent to me by STANDFOR. Each line of shoes stands for a different cause and these are from the #QuitPhubbing Collection. They’re some good looking shoes with a great message.

SmartPosture™

I’ve been  busy working with the team behind a new app called SmartPosture™. The app obscures the view on our smartphones when we are not holding the screen at a healthy angle. The app, without instruction, automatically promotes correct posture which can prevent and even reverse neck, back, and shoulder pain associated with average amounts of smartphone use. I have been helping the development team with photographs, videos, animation, and illustration to help launch the product. Learn more about the app here.

tlkn™

Because the Removed series is so universal, the time has come for me to show smart phone use outside of the United States. With the support of tlkn™, the voice app for free HD-calls that matches beautiful sound with intense privacy, I will be heading to India to expand upon the original project. tlkn’s founder believes that conversation is the core of the human experience and we must be intentional about preserving our ability and willingness to speak with one another.

I will keep you updated along the way and if you miss me badly enough, feel free to give me a ring on the tlkn app, I’d love to hear from you.